Bottled Water Brands
Much has been said about the evils of pre-packaged water, especially when it comes to certain bottled water brands. While it’s true that some manufacturers tend to overhype the virtues of their products, it’s also true that a lot of the accusations thrown the way of some brands of bottled water are untrue. So long as you choose a good brand of water, you won’t have any problems drinking it, and you can even get to enjoy some perks as well. This article takes a look at some tips you can use to pick which of the bottled water brands is best for you.
Why is bottled water so popular?
Despite the negative publicity thrown at various water brands, pre-packaged water continues to be popular among buyers. Some of the reasons behind the popularity of these include:
- Convenience. According to a study in the United Kingdom, the main reason why people buy pre-packaged water is because of the convenience this offers. Not only is this sold practically at every corner, you can also bring your drink with you wherever you go, so you don’t have to worry about staying hydrated.
- Perceived health benefits. More and more people are getting more concerned about the impact of what they put into their bodies to their health. As such, it comes as no surprise why a lot of people are now buying more pre-packaged water, considering that a lot of these are promoted to contain all sorts of nutrients and bring about different health benefits. There is also the fact that there are some people who are wary about the impurities present in tap water and want to play it safe by drinking pre-packaged water instead.
- Taste. There are actually people prefer the taste of pre-packaged water compared to tap water.
- Good for emergency situations. There are also some people who buy pre-packaged water so they can be prepared in case of emergencies when they won’t have ready access to clean drinking water.
Kinds of pre-packaged water
Before looking at the differences of bottled water brands, you should be aware that there are actually different types of water being sold in the market. These are:
- Spring water. This is arguably the most common type of pre-packaged water in the market. The water is collected either from an actual spring or on one of the outlets where spring water flows through.
- Purified water. This type of pre-packaged water goes through a certain cleaning process before it is sold to the market. This type includes water that has gone through distillation, reverse osmosis, and deionization.
- Mineral water. Mineral water is so called because of the amount of minerals and trace elements it contains. Most of these contain over 250 parts per million total dissolved solids.
- Artesian well water. This type of water is so called because it is collected from aquifers.
- Well water. What distinguishes well water from artesian well water is that in the latter, the water level is at a higher level than the upper portion of the aquifer, whereas in the former, the water level is below.
- Sparkling water. Sparkling water essentially has the same carbon dioxide when pre-packaged as it was when it was collected from the source.
- Soda water. There are some types of pre-packaged water that comes with a certain fizz and flavor that can usually be seen in soft drinks. Strictly speaking, these are considered more in line with sodas than with water.
How to choose the best bottled water brands
Admittedly, there are some companies that are willing to make false claims about their products in order to boost sales. As such, you need to be very careful in choosing which product to buy, especially if you want to ensure that you’re getting your money’s worth on your purchase. Some tips you can follow to help you in choosing which among the brands of water is best for you are:
- Do your research. If you really want to make sure that the product you’re buying is good for your health, do take the time to research about it. There are hundreds of pre-packaged water out there, so choosing which among these can be very difficult and confusing. Play safe and read up on the product so you can be sure you’re getting the right water. One of the things you may want to check out would be the safety standards and regulations being followed by the manufacturing company. Read up on what they do to ensure that the products they release won’t affect their customers’ health negatively. Check to see where the company gets its water as well. You might just be surprised to see just how many companies promoting that their water is from some spring or glacier when in truth what they’re selling is plain tap water. You may also want to do your research about how the water tastes like, especially if you’re particular about certain tastes.
- Read the label. If you have neither the time nor the inclination to research about the different brands of pre-packaged water, the least you could do is to check the label, which tells you more about the product than what the advertisements say. Read it so you can see what you will be putting in your body should you purchase this.
- Check the packaging. Make sure to get water that comes in high-grade containers, since low-grade packages not only affect the taste of the water, but also release toxins in the water.
- Check the shelf life. If you’re planning on storing the water for a period of time (such as in cases where the water is used as emergency stock), make sure to check the shelf life so you’ll know just how long you’ll be able to keep the water without its quality deteriorating.
- Check your budget. Pre-packaged water is priced differently depending on the brand. Make sure the product you purchase fits your budget so you don’t end up overspending on water.
Choosing which of the different bottled water brands can be very difficult, especially since there are a lot of these sold nowadays, all with different packaging. Be a discerning customer and take the time to evaluate what each of these offer so you will know which is the best choice for you.
- bottled water brands
- water brands
- bottled-water-brands com
- spring water brands